Joe Wicks' Paella



I was bought Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 cookbook by my lovely mum a few weeks ago. Last week, I had my friend Emily over for dinner and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to set myself a goal of cooking a freshly prepared and healthy meal for us.

I chose to cook the paella.

First of all I should add that this was never meant to be a full on paella that you would expect to eat in Spain. The idea of Joe's recipes are that they are quick, easy and fairly cheap for everyone to make.

We had chicken and prawns as our main ingredients. I threw some peppers, onions and peas in too. Chucked in a pint of stock with Tumeric and Saffron (most expensive spice EVER apparently, but you only need a tiny bit so the pot gets a lot of use). I then put some Uncle Ben's vegetable rice in the microwave, zapped it and then bung it in the pan. I used my wok for this as I needed a big saucepan and this was the biggest I could find. Stirred it for a bit. Dished up. Threw some parsley on top - just looks nicer that way doesn't it? And then put some lemon on the side for optional drizzle.

It was honestly sooo easy to make and tasted so good. I will definitely be using more of Joe Wicks' recipes in the next few weeks! Have you tried any of his before? What is your favourite?

Ta,

Ams x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To 16 Year Old Me

Love after Love - Derek Walcott