Foodie one... with a shout out to Tesco




Whenever I go to Tesco I always go hunting in the reduced aisle first - yes I am THAT person. I do this for different reasons to most. Most people go hunting in that aisle because they love bargains and will do anything to save themselves a few pennies...even if it means buying a leg of lamb that they really didn't fancy but hey it was down to £2.77 and that is too good to miss out on. However, I'm don't do it because of that. 

The reason I like looking in the reduced aisle is because it's always the random things that get put there. And by random I mean the products that sophisticated people buy...not your standard chicken breasts that we end up with usually. I don't have much imagination when it comes to food (this is something that I want to improve on) and because of this our meals tend me be pretty boring, easy and repetitive. I actually think we have had fajitas four times this month. Some people say to look in recipe books to get inspiration but I always find that following a recipe tends to end up being rather expensive! Not sure if anyone out there reading this has any different experiences with recipe book cooking?! I'd love to know. 

Anyway, not that long ago I went into a Tesco to get stuff to cook for mine and Chris's dinner. I had no idea what a fancied... which is usually a bad move because it tends to mean I end up buying half of tescos and still not buying anything substantial for dinner! This day was like any other in that I had absolutely no inspiration for dinner.  So what do I do? I head towards the reduced section of course!

There I find these cod fillets in a parsley and white wine sauce with a big yellow sticker on... £2.52 down from £4. Bargain. 

Fish is not something that I regularly eat at home, however it is something I very much enjoy. It always fills me up but never makes me feel full and bloated afterwards, I find it incredibly hard to cook though. How do you even do it? When do you know it's done? What sauce goes with what fish?

But Tesco answered all these questions for me. Mr Tesco gave me clear instructions on how to cook the fish, along with the sauce and I teamed it up with some rosemary potatoes (done the way I remember mum doing them when I was young), some green beans and a glass of red wine each. 


Perfect. Cheers Tesco...nice one. 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To 16 Year Old Me

Love after Love - Derek Walcott

Joe Wicks' Paella