Five ways to my heart

I have been thinking about writing this blog post for a while. I think some people use this title to write about what they want in a boyfriend/girlfriend and as I've already got Chris I was unsure whether it suited my blog. 

However - What you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend shouldn't be that different to what you look for in a friend and this is why I have decided to go ahead and write this post. So here are the five ways to my heart :-)

1. Be kind
This quote is so true - you wouldn't regret being kind would you?
I don't think there is anything more important than being a kind person. I don't mean the fake type of kind when you're only nice to certain people, or people that you know and like. I mean the genuine kindness that some people show to each and every person that they know, meet and hear about. The compassion that is shown through a person genuinely caring about someone that has nothing to do with them. Not walking past a homeless man on the street, but sitting down and having a chat with them - that sort of kindness is rare and totally beautiful. 


2. Talk to me
Let's sit down and chat (ideally over a cuppa). Have a conversation with me and lets bounce off one and other's ideas. Let's talk about real things that really matter. Be interested in what I have to say and have an opinion. Talking to each other is when great ideas are formed. 



3. Read for pleasure
This kind of links to 'Talk to me'. I honestly believe that reading helps shape us into the best people we can be. I think it is so important and I hate that some people find it a chore. Find something interesting to you, read it, take it all in and then let's chat about what it did for you. I love reading and sharing stories through talking about them. Chris recently read 1984 for the first time and I loved our conversations about it. We both read it in slightly different ways (No one reading is ever completely the same) and it was so interesting to see his opinions form. Reading is an escape for lots of people, let it be yours. 


4. Make me laugh
And I mean belly laugh. Be goofy and don't be afraid of looking like an idiot. Laughing is the best therapy.




5. Buy me raspberries
I know every other point was really serious and sincere here but seriously raspberries are my THING. I just love them. It's weird because I didn't like them at all until about two years ago and now I have real life cravings for them. Pop round with some raspberries and you have my heart.


What are the ways to your heart? Do you agree with what I think?

Ams x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To 16 Year Old Me

Joe Wicks' Paella

Love after Love - Derek Walcott