A new blog on a new domain...Starting over


Isn’t it funny how life just gets in the way?!
The last two months have been a total whirlwind. We’ve moved, I’ve got a new job (my teaching career is starting earlier than I thought it would!), I’ve watched two of my friends get married, I’ve worked at Summer School in Cambridge for a month AND I’ve started my own business!
Last night I got very frustrated with myself that I hadn’t kept up with my blog. But then I sat and thought about it and decided that sometimes we just have to give ourselves a break. Sometimes life really does just get in the way and priorities change slightly. Saying that though, I would be lying if I said I hadn’t had the time to write. Of course I have had time. I just haven’t used my time to write. I have allowed my time to be filled by other things. Instead of taking 30 minutes out of my day to write, I have sat and scrolled through Facebook, watched a bit of pointless TV, listened to the radio etc. I know that writing on my blog relieves me of stress and allows my creativity to pour out slightly and this is what has annoyed me. Not the fact that I haven’t written, because that’s my own choice. But the fact that I haven’t written despite knowing it helps my mind.
SELF HELP is vital. I know what helps me, I know what I enjoy doing and still I don’t do it. Why is that? I think it is because there is such a pressure to be similar to others. I know that people think writing on a blog is a waste of time, so I don’t make myself do it. If it doesn’t help others, why would it help me. What BULLSHIT. 
We are our own person. We need to do what ever helps us. What we like to do may be different to our best friend but that doesn’t matter. What matters is us. Individuality is a massive part of growing up and I think I am finally starting to realise this.
This morning I have bought myself a new planner. In this planner I am going to plan my time efficiently. My blog posts will be scheduled. I will allocate time to spend on my business to generate an extra income for myself and Chris. I will plan in advance what I am going to do to use my time efficiently.
Failing to plan is planning to fail. 
But for now – I am going to focus on tidying the house and preparing for one of my oldest friends coming over for dinner tonight. Xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To 16 Year Old Me

Joe Wicks' Paella

Love after Love - Derek Walcott